[pct-l] Snow around Mt. Gleason?

Hey

I just backpacked from Islip Saddle by way of South Fork Trail them took PCT
north pass Mt. Williamson, Cloudburst Summit. There is a tree down five
minutes north of Three Points. Trail will need a lot of minor trail work from
heavy rain week before. A lot of water to this point. There is a retaining
wall that has an old tree badly decomposed that will need removed. This
retaining wall that come up from Little Rock Creek has about one-third of it
weight with rock slides and double that with water may have caused some
deflection of wall.

 Past Three Point only water at Founthead Spring. Saw a deer and a bear at
Pacifico Mt. No water at Mill Creek Summit except for a little stream a mile
before you come to Mill Creek. I had to double back to get water there. Mt
Gleason Had several Motor Bikes in it. Told them they don't belong there. I
got the Finger. Next time I will remember to snap a picture and get there
license number. Smart Asses.

On snow, I camped at Messenger Flats it snowed that night (Wed) about three
inches with very heavy winds temperature dropped to 20 degrees frozen both my
water bottles. Wind were so bad I could not get up to pee for fear of my tent
blowing over. All of the pegs have been pulled out and tent shook, rattled
and, rolled. I end up peeing in my vacuum bottle.

I want to thanks Eureka tent CO for their Zephyr XT. It held up throughout
out the storm. I backpack every year on my birthday week and add a mile each
year. I did 74 on this trip. My mother  would have made it more easy if I was
born in May. Now to make the story more interesting I just had By-pass
Surgery six arteries replace in October.

Next morning I dropped down to Acton it was 95 degrees there.

The weather forecast for snow Monday which will cover Gleason down to about
4000 ft.
For trail worker there is another tree down about three and a half feet in
diameter which I will try to remover location

PS. Monty you stove was O.K.

Lonetrail