[pct-l] digital cameras???

--
I used the Olympus last summer and thought it was a great camera, but for the
price of film and developing alone, I could have bought a digital.

Since that time I went ahead and bought a factory refurbished Olympus D 510.
It only has 2.1 megapixels. 2.5 optical and 3 times digital zoom, but takes
great pictures  It can take panoramic and quick time movies.  With the 4 AA
batteries installed it weighs 12 oz.  One feature it doesn't have, which
would have been nice, is sound.  I spent less than $200 and it included a 8
and 32 mb smart media cards, plus 4 rechargable batteries and charger.  One
nice thing about this camera you can also use alkaline batteries in a pinch.

In another couple years when the prices come down some I'll look for one with
more megapixels, but from what I gather, unless you intend on printing photos
larger than 10 by 12 the more mp may not be neccesary.

The Cannon Elph  is lighter, more compact and has sound, but is only two
times optical, takes dedicated batteries and cost alot more.  Of course there
are other models available, but as it is, it took me well over two months to
pick the Olympus for all around value, quality and features.

YMMV,

Sly