[pct-l] 1977 Gear list

--
 After a few emails, I must make known my gear list for 2003 was very much
Tongue in Cheek!!! This was acually my gear list in 1977 and it wasn't much
smarter then than it is now!!!. Even in the mid-70's a hiker could do better
than a 7lb. 10 oz. tent!!!
   List just goes to show a few younger hikers how far we've come in the last
few years of thru-hiking. Of course , many folks on the list are much older
than I  and can remember only army surplus gear, Trapper Nelsons, Coleman
sleeping bags as big as a couch tied with boot laces to packs, Cast Iron Fry
pans banging with each step and if you were lucky,,,, maybe a Coleman M1950
GI gas stove!!  Canvas tents and catalogs from Eddie Bower and Herters.
   If you ever ate a " Space Food Stick" ,, You ARE over the hill!!!!