From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Christy Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 3:34 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] wet feet solution

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

"I don't have experience with snow travel and having constantly wet feet,
as will probably be the case on our June JMT hike.  (We are counting
down the weeks!) Everyone has suggested a non-waterproof shoe for quick
dry reasons.
When your feet are cold and wet all day, how do you avoid frost-bite?"

"Everyone has suggested a non-waterproof shoe for quick
dry reasons. When your feet are cold and wet all day, how do you avoid
frost-bite?
When you put on dry socks in a saturated shoe, don't they just get wet?"

Hi Nate,

Have you tried SealSkinz waterproof socks? They are really comfortable, I've
hiked in them long distances even when it wasn't wet weather just to test
them
out. When it has been wet, they absolutely keep my feet dry when the rest of
the shoe is soaked. I wear the All-Season Socks with liners underneath.
Here's
the website:  www.danalco.com[1].

-Christy

--
MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. [2] Get 2 months FREE*.