[pct-l] Crosscountry to Crabtree ( too long unless you're really interested)

--
Concerning my (perhaps not so secret) cross country route...OK, I'll talk,
but don't tell anyone.  And no, I do not think Llamas would like the route,

One takes the trail toward New Army Pass, but cuts off toward the rest of the
Cottonwood Lakes.  The next cirque north contains the Old Army Pass, known as
Army Pass.  From the highest Cottonwood lake there is still a trail, easily
passable.  It comes out on the crest north and well below New Army Pass.  To
the north you will see a big canyon, topping out on the ridge... cut cross
country toward a low spot on the ridge.  From there work further north,
staying fairly close to the crest.  You come to a second canyon...near its
top, which has a trail to the summit of Langley.  Follow the trail down to
the meadow below. Before you reach the lake, start contouring west and snorth
around the shoulder of The Major General.  Stay high...there be cliffs lower
down.   Once you can see into the Rock Creek Recesses, contour on down to the
visible meadows.  Near the bottom are some minor cliffs that have to be
worked through...   You'll hit a trail in the bottom...take it north to Sky
Blue Lake.  From there, crosscountry to an unnamed large lake almost due
north a mile.  Another tarn further north  and you will see Crabtree Pass,
just south of Mt. McAdie.  The way down is dicy if you stay in the
chute...work down easy steps a bit further to the right..  At the bottom you
hit the Crabtree Lakes... about halfway around the second one there is a
trail to Crabtree Meadows.  Or.... if you go instead you decide to hang out
in the Recesses...go to Primrose lake and climb Mt. Pickering, the whole
southern slope is strewn with quartz crystals. or look along the north shores
of Sky Blue Lake for arrowheads, or ...or...

No Way