[pct-l] REI

Well, hey, looks like an endorsement for REI to me. Might as well add one
more: I took a friend over to the Seattle REI to supply for her Denali climb
and a woman clerk who had been there spent a good 90 minutes going over
tents, clothing and sleeping bags. We then went to another nearby store where
the clerk really didn't want to answer questions at all, just pointing to
labels instead. Like night and day
   Thought the folks at Feathered Friends ran a pretty good sweat shop, with
all the custom variety available, and practically next door to REI. Looked
like an enjoyable place to work with a lot of emphasis on quality.  I may be
wrong, but I believe you can buy your way to the head of the line if you are
in a hurry for a custom bag