[pct-l] Children don't do as I have done!

Wow did I hurt my feet.. then I panicked.. I though it was my old ankle
problems..

My boyfriend says when you get older you don't always know it right away when
you have hurt yourself.  I guess he is right.

I was training for my April  grand canyon trip  by hiking up and down a hill for
1/2 hour per day with a 37 pound pack while also testing out hiking in running
shoes with the factory insoles.  BIG MISTAKE.   I seem to have strained my
arches.

After a week of that with no pain suddenly my feet started killing my while I
was simply strolling through a cemetery looking for my great aunt's grave!  Hurt
like hell to walk anywhere.. just like before my double surgery ten years ago ..
oh was I worried!  Thought I would have to give up hiking.  My life flashed
before my eyes... well my hiking life at least..

My boyfriend wanted to go to the store the next day even though my feet were
still hurting and something told me that my hiking boots would be the best shoes
to wear to the store..  My feet felt pretty good in my boots with my super feet
insoles.. so I realized my problem... hiking with a heavy load  and no arch
support..

I'm confident my feet will heal now.  I hiked 4 miles today with VERY little
pain.. (that was taking it easy.. normally my weekend hike is 8-10 miles)  so I
will take it easy all week and only walk without a pack then and try the
backpack again next week but with good arch supports..