[pct-l] where to get fabric?

I used silnylon small stuff sacks, hung fromthe sides of the pack that I
made for my thruhike, worked well and they weighed fractions of an
ounce(actually less than mesh).  I used mesh on the outside front bottom
but rarely used it.  The silnylon does not catch on anything and it is
waterprooof and incredibly tough.
Put waterbottle, fuel, raingear, lunch, etc inthese bags - or anything I
needed quick to hand.  A couple people that I know had their water bottles
and maps exit the mesh pockets in stream crossing.  Do not put shoes there
when you cross a stream, unless tied.

Joanne

----------
> From: Shawnie <catfishii@schizoaffective.org>
> To: Randy Forsland <randy_forsland@hotmail.com>
> Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] where to get fabric?
> Date: Saturday, February 15, 2003 7:59 PM
>

> Oh neat.. pictures... 6mm Nylon
> Hex-Mesh looks like what is on the pack right now.
>
> I'm removing heavy pockts that have zippers on them and replacing them
with mesh
> pockets.  The 6mm Nylon Hex-Mesh looks like exactly what I need.
Thanks..