[pct-l] Keeping Boots Fairly Dry

>>As you cross the stream, rocks and stuff will puncture the wrappers of
course, but not a great deal of water will enter to soak your boots,
usually just a little on the outsides only. Properly discard the
wrappers afterward - one time use! <<

Not too practical for use in the Sierras. You may have 7 or 8 stream
crossing in a day. Multiply that by 2 and then by the number of days out and
you've got a lot of bags to carry. Also every time you use a bag it'll get
wet so you'll wind up packing a lot of wet/heavy bags.

In my experience, it's far better to just use light shoes that'll dry
reasonably fast. Then allow them to get wet and don't sweat the stream
crossings. At first we routinely switched from runners to sandals at every
stream crossing. However, when we started crossing the same stream 3 times
in a few hundred yards, it was no longer worth the effort.

You can easily walk dry a soaking wet pair of runners in under a day. With
boots, once they are wet, it'll take days for them to walk dry.

-Fallingwater