[pct-l] frostbite?

Tough call. If you wear fabric you will get wet feet for absolute certain
when traveing in snow. Leather can be made temporarily water proof if treated
with Hubbards, bees wax, Snoseal, etc. If you post hole, you may need gaiters
to keep snow from entering unless they lace up tight to your legs. You are
not likely to be in snow continously, only around the passes. A camp fire, if
allowed and if you have the time, would help a lot to dry things out
 You are highly unlikely to get frostbite in June unless you have a
circulation problem
 I prefer leather hiking boots and therefore am prejudiced towards them, but
personally I would not want to travel in snow with fabric shoes day after
day. Sure, you can get by with them, but your odds of having dry (and
therefore warm)feet are much better with leather. And I always carry a pair
of socks that are never allowed to get wet, used only at night for toasty
warm feet.
  I found that after crossing a stream with boots on and socks off, the
leather did not absorb all that much water from being in the water a short
period of time. I just poured the water out, put on the socks and continued
on with the socks getting only somewhat damp. Any water that was absorbed was
quickly squeezed out of the boots in less than a quarter mile of trail
  I'm sue you will hear differing advice. Only stating what I would do