[pct-l] Southern California Storms and Thoughts

--
The recent storms that hit southern California dropped a lot of rain,
however, the hope by local ski resorts for snow did not materialize.  A

Greg

"You cannot travel the path until you have become the path."
                                                       Guatama Buddha
(563-483 B.C.E.)

"Give me my Scallop shell of quiet,
My staffe of Faith to walke upon,
My Scrip of Joy, Immortall diet,
My bottle of salvation:
My Gowne of Glory, hopes true gage,
And thus Ile take my pilgrimage."
                         Sir Walter Raliegh,  The Pilgrimage (1604)

"The secret of life, is to have a task, something you devote your entire life
to, something you bring everything to, every minute of the day for your whole
life.
And the most important thing is - it must be something you cannot possibly
do."
                         Henry Moore, sculptor

"Of one thing I am certain, the transformation I yearn for is incomplete.  I
do not know whether I am any closer to enlightenment - I do not really expect
to acheive it - but I know that the attempt is worth the effort."
                         Oliver Statler, in Japanese Pilgrimage

"We do not commonly live our life out and full; we do not fill all our pores
with blood; we do not inspire and expire fully and entirely enough . . . We
live but a fraction of our life.  Why do we not let on the flood, raise the
gates, and set all our wheels in motion?"
                         Thoreau

When a monk asked, "What is the Tao?" Master Ummon replied, "Walk on."

"Unless you leave room for serendipity, how can the divine enter in?  The
beginning of the adventure of finding yourself is to lose your way!"
                         Joseph Campbell