[pct-l] Re: Deer, was Bears in general, (not canisters):)

Is that deer still around? We had an encounter with it at Hopkins Lake in
1995. Hopkins is the last lake on the PCT before it heads into Canada. My
hiking partner Rob accused me and my other trail buddy of stealing his hat
during the night, but actually the deer took it from his backpack because of
the salt content. A photo of Rob and his hat is

http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct_harts_pass.html

Tom Griffin
Seattle, WA
http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct.html