[pct-l] (Guest Post) 2 bear canisters available to borrow

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Ashleigh Miller <hdog35@yahoo.com>.
* Please use <mailto:hdog35@yahoo.com> to reply to the sender.

This is a message for anyone in the class of '03 who has yet to purchase th=
eir bear canisters yet.

My husband (Brian) and I attempted to through-hike last year, but ended up =
section hiking due to injuries.  We have two bear canisters collecting dust=
 that served us well.  If anyone would like to borrow them, all we ask is t=
hat you pay the postage to/from the trail.  I'm happy to send them off wher=
ever you would like to pick them up. We started with them at Kennedy Meadow=
s. They're not the fancy kind, so they are a few ounces more.  But they're =
yours to borrow!

I haven't been following the pct-l much this year, so don't know where the =
discussion is on pro/con of carrying a bear can.  But I'm sure you've heard=
 the multiple stories about last years hikers meeting up with bears and occ=
asionally loosing their food.

Good luck to everyone who is planning.  It's a very exciting undertaking. H=
ope to see y'all off at ADZ.

Best, Ashleigh