[pct-l] Re: Bears in general, (not canisters):)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:20:08 -0800, you wrote:

>Last summer, in posted grizzly country, our campground neighbors proceeded
>to barbecue a bunch of meat and then went to bed with the BBQ sitting on the
>picnic table right across from where we were sleeping in hammocks and
>tents..
>We went over and knocked on their door and told them to put it inside, but
>needless to say, we slept pretty lightly that night.
>I've never seen a whole black bear in Oregon or Washington, just the butt
>end of a couple fleeing for their lives. Grizzlies are a whole 'nother
>subject and scare the **** out of me.
>We carry bear spray in grizzly country, not in black bear country.
>
>Carolyn Eddy
>Goattracks Magazine
>www.goattracksmagazine.com

I got to see a grizzly this summer at glacier national park.  But it was from
the car and 200 feet away.  I had to look at it through my binoculars to
realizes it was a griz and not a black.  It sure looked cute for all it's
ferociousness.  Bears of all kinds scare me and I almost always take my stupid
bulky heavy bear can with me.  But I still hate the thing.

--
"The degree to which we suffer indicates the degree to which we are alive.
When we take drugs to ease our suffering, we stifle our psychological and spiritual life."

 - Peter R. Breggin M.D.