[pct-l] Re: Bears in general, (not canisters):)

Last summer, in posted grizzly country, our campground neighbors proceeded
to barbecue a bunch of meat and then went to bed with the BBQ sitting on the
picnic table right across from where we were sleeping in hammocks and
tents..
We went over and knocked on their door and told them to put it inside, but
needless to say, we slept pretty lightly that night.
I've never seen a whole black bear in Oregon or Washington, just the butt
end of a couple fleeing for their lives. Grizzlies are a whole 'nother
subject and scare the **** out of me.
We carry bear spray in grizzly country, not in black bear country.

Carolyn Eddy
Goattracks Magazine
www.goattracksmagazine.com