[pct-l] Oregon Resupply

Hi GoForth,

Here is some information that was up-to-date as of 2001.  I had to cut my
hike short, but my re-supplies all arrived as expected.  I had a pleasant
drive picking up the unused ones.   :-)
Hopefully someone will correct me if any of this info is wrong.

As for snow, the areas you mentioned are right on.  Unless this poor snow
year continues, I wouldn't expect total freedom from snow until August.  I
hit that patch north of Jefferson Park in late July - still snow.

------------------
Elk Lake does take packages, UPS only.  They charged $5 I think.  It's a
good idea to call them & make sure.  (541) 480-7228.  Like any place, they
recommend putting "PCT HIKER" on the address label, and your expected
arrival date somewhere on the box.

<Your Name>, PCT HIKER
c/o Elk Lake Resort
60000 Cascade Lakes Hwy
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 480-7228
------------------

Shelter Cove Resort (Cascade Summit) is also UPS only, and also has a $5 or
so fee.

<Your Name>, PCT HIKER
c/o Shelter Cove Resort
West Odell Lake Rd, Hwy 58
Cascade Summit, OR 97425
(541) 433-2548
------------------

You didn't ask for Crater Lake, but hear about lots of people getting
confused about where to go.  This is what worked for me, based on calling
the Park to double-check.  You go to the store in the village, NOT the PO up
near the rim.

<Your Name>, PCT HIKER
c/o Mazama Village Store
Crater Lake Lodge Co.
PO Box 158
Crater Lake, OR 97604
(541) 594-2211

I don't have the info for Olallie Lake, but I know they take packages.
Unless they are surrounded by forest fires that is...

I have info for Diamond Lake Resort and Fish Lake Resort if you want it.

-Andrew