[pct-l] bear canister rental info

=0D
The question of where to rent has been  answered for southbounders (Yosemit=
e that=0D
is) but does anyone know where a northbound hiker can rent a can to proceed=
 north=0D
from Forester to somewhere around Sonora Pass? .  Perhaps you pick one up i=
n Lone Pine and mail it back=0D
from your next resupply north of N. Yosemite boundary?=0D
=0D
thanks for all the info!=0D
 last i checked you could rent bear canisters at the lone pine ranger stati=
on. im hopeing they have a agreement with their northern counterparts for a=
 bear can exchange program.(if they dont it might be worth suggesting it to=
 them the easyer it is to get and return,the more people will use them).=0D
but i do have one more question,since no company has been stupid enough to =
give me a credit card,is it possible to rent a bear can without one?=0D
p.s.when i got home today and found 83 messages waiting for me,i knew the b=
ears were back :0)=0D

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com