[pct-l] Re: Bears in general, (not canisters):)

I have seen over a hundred bears in WA, and never had any problems
whatsoever. However, if you really are that afraid of bears, why not carry a
canister? Bears are starting to be a problem in the Olympics and you can bet
your bottom dollar I'll be putting my 2 cents worth into seeing to it that
they nip it in the bud -but not with canisters. They still have the
opportunity to keep bears naturally afraid of man
  Once again, I want whats best for the bears. I could really care less about
the weight of a canister. I just think its the wrong way to approach the
problem, because it is unenforceable and will end up failing just as hanging
food did. People didn't get that right. What on earth possesses them to think
they will get cans right?The Supts in the Sierras need to get off their dead
asses, spend some money for bear re-education (make them afraid of us)and
solve the problem once and for all instead of recommending meals that will
fit into cans. How did that saying about persistence and dedication go again?
I will harp over and over on this issue until someone in authority gets the
point. It worked with the goats in the Olympics (harping until a congresman
took note.) I include you all in my rant because the more people who demand a
real solution, the better. I want - no DEMAND -someone in authority to tell
me why bear re-education won't work, and if I get the same old story that
there's no money, I am going to slap them silly for not trying hard enough to
GET more money. Put a $50 surcharge on all permits if necessary. Ask for
donations. Beg! Be persistent! Take a cut in pay! Speak up to the Interior
Secretary. Dedicate themselves to REALLY solving the problem. Nah it's too
easy just to sit on their dead asses and just write up another reg.