[pct-l] Making my own Stove

Ok I figured if I want to be a "real" long distance hiker I'd better try my
luck at making my own stove.

I found directions online and am going to try making my first stove tonight
- I looked at the directions and the physics of the stove seem to work the
way my old whisper-light worked... but I was wondering, what would happen if
someone tried to burn white gas in an alcohol stove, would it blow up? Is it
a bad idea? I figured I'd better ask before I tried it.

If I can't get denatured alcohol, what other fuels will work in the stove?

Thanks,

Brad