[pct-l] Sleeping with a Bear Cannister

--
In a message dated 2/10/03 6:42:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fkroger1999@yahoo.com writes:

> YOU won't starve to death, but what happens to the bear(s) is another story.
> Having been exposed to human food they are more likely to search out more
> and so YOU have helped to put THEIR lives at risk.

Well now, that is true.  However, it's a dangerous world we live in...for
bears too.    And in times when humans are not expected to take the
responsibility for their own actions, we can hardly expect that of the birds
and beasts.  But... just how many bears do you think there are in the Sierra
and how many have NEVER tasted human food?    They've all had it or momma
bear has told them about it and they will ALWAYS search out human food.  And
actions  always  have unintended consquences... don't be so certain that
bears, sentenced to a  frustrating lifetime of  smelling something they can
never have, won't suffer in some unimaginable but far worse fashion.

No Way