[pct-l] PCT Trail Fashions for cheap

--
 Next time you go to the local " Goodwill" or " Value Village" for your Brawy
silk trail shirt, stop over and check out men's sport coats and blazers. You
can find a nice wool blend sports coat for under 5.00 dollars and in any
color under the rainbow.  I once found a great " Lime Green" sports coat  ,
but you can be lucky and find a nice plaid as well! These coats may make you
look like some sort of " Trail Pimp" , but are quite serviceable. ( Nothing
like alittle evening wear when your eating your mac-cheese sitting on a wet
log in your plaid sports coat!!)
     Also check out the pant rack. Look for the thin tight weave military
dress wool slacks. ( Not the big fluffy wools ones) These wear like iron. I
used these in 77 the whole trip.
     Anybody can buy fleece these days. In the 70's , no fleece or polypro on
the trail and most folks used only wool. Next hike try the a wool sports coat
and the " Gawdier" the better. Maybe a bright red wool blazer???