[pct-l] Sleeping with a Bear Cannister

--
Whoooo Doggies, some of you guys can get worked up about topics.  It seems
simple to me... either take a cannister - or not.  If you are careful - eat
early and hike on, avoid civilization, take pains to hang food adequately or
sleep high ( in altitude) -  you will almost certainly be OK.  If you DO lose
your food - take heart, you probably will not starve to death.  The most
difficult place to get out of, would be I think, the section from the trail
to Dusy Basin and Bishop Pass until you get all the way over Muir Pass and
down to the trail to the trail to Piute Pass... The Glacier Divide stands in
the way and can be a real drag.  So... probably two days max?  Get a ride to
Bishop, restock.  Your schedule might be thrown off 3-4 days... ?  If I see
you along the way, I'll share, whether you slept with cookies or not.   Oh,
and by the way, if the guy to whom I loaned my Birkenstocks after he
carelessly lost his boots in Bear Creek in 1987 reads this, will you send
them back?

No Way