[pct-l] Great PCT Saturday

--
Today wasn't a hiking day but the next best thing: talking about hiking. RE=
I in Fremont,CA sponsored a snow event and we were in the parking lot repre=
senting PCTA with a picturesque poster board that PCTA made and sent to us =
along with maps and brochures.

The day was warm and sunny, melting the kids' pile of snow made by Glacier =
Ice Co. too fast! (I thought those of you surrounded by real snow would chu=
ckle at the idea of our "fake" snow.) The event was well attended and we in=
troduced lots of people to the PCT. I hope they all go out for at least a d=
ay hike or try a little trail maintainence. Several men said that they coul=
dn't wait for retirement as a thru hike is a long time dream. Go Hikers!