[pct-l] HIghway 2 at Vincent Gap

I second No Way's comments regarding hitchhiking from Angeles Crest to
Wrightwood.  There is an avalanche chute that crosses Hiway 2 a ways
beyond Vincent Gap.  In some winters the avalanche debris piles up on
the road so deep that the road is closed until meltout occurs.  We once
did a Baden-Powell overnight in JUNE and found the road still closed by
big boulders at Vincent Gap.  People were parking there, mounting skis
on bikes and riding their bikes down the closed road so they could ski
down the avalanche, the last snow left on the mountain.  If you plan the
hitch, make sure the road is open.
Llamalady