[pct-l] tarp, tent, or nothing

Well...  My math may not be that good, but it seems to be 4 oz heavier.  6
oz heavier on packweight.  But what impressed me in reading the specs was
that it is advertised as a 4 season tent and that huge vestibule.  Do you
remember how it handled rain, wind, etc?

The PEDestrian

Paul E. Dietrich
916-204-5255
cactus_paul@earthlink.net

One of the JMT hikers that I met this last summer, Thomas from Denmark used
that particular tent. It looked complicated to set up at first with all of
the guy ropes, but he was able to beat me in getting it set up each
evening.
And I was using the SD Ultra Light year. I was impressed by the amount of
storage area there was under the Hilleburg's vestibule...plus, it weighs
less than the UltraLight...If I had to do it over, i probably would buy the
Hilleburg...but since I already have the Ultra Light year, I'll wait...

for everybody that hasn't seen this tent..here is a link:

http://www.hilleberg.com/Catalog/akto_339322.htm

Randy