[pct-l] tarp, tent, or nothing

I used a tarp for my 2001 At thru-hike, and have been using a bivy on recent
climbing and hiking trips - I opt for these shelters mostly because of their
light weight. I never thought I would use a tent on a thru-hike because of
the weight and hassle of setting it up and taking it down everyday... That
is, until I saw this tent. Has anyone taken a look at the PCT-1 (good name)
by Mountain Hardware?

<http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000
008000&productId=47625829&parent_category_rn=4500666>

It looks a little like the Ziod 1 by MSR... But I think this one weighs
less. If I do take a tent over my tarp or bivy, I think this is the one. For
those of you traveling with a partner, there is also a two person version
available.

Also, GoLite has come out with a new tarp design that looks like it will be
a lot easier to set up than their cave. I used the cave on the AT, I got
used to the set-up - but it took some time. The new tarp (Lair1) looks like
it will be much easier to set up. It would be easy to sew some
no-see-um-mesh to the front opening (and maybe some around the bottom edges
of the tarp) to make a light, floorless tent.

So now I'm not sure what I'm going to use this summer on the PCT... Probably
whatever's lightest figuring I will sleep under the stars most nights.

-Brad