[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #773 - 38 msgs

RE:
> The responsible answer is:
>
> Yes, it is far too early to predict with any accuracy. Any
> prediction at this point is a blatant guess. It would be
> completely irresponsible to 'guess', especially in a public
> forum.
>
> No disclaimer required.
>
> Scott Parks

While we all understand (oh too well) that we don't KNOW what the snow
situation will be, it is still educational to hear someone else's take on
what may be possible.  We are all trying to figure out what the trail will
look like this summer, and any information/theories can only help.  No one
is going to head off on their hike with only the information they gleaned
back in February.  Know that at least I (and I suspect many others of this
list) appreciate the information and theories that help us at least consider
what our hikes will look like.  What I/we DON'T appreciate is people getting
on this list and heavily criticizing others, especially when they have
implicitly stated that their opinion is only that.  However, I do appreciate
that you are unwilling or unable to think about what the current situation
might mean for our summer snow pack.  It takes all kinds.

ps In what way is inferring something from the current information available
irresponsible?  Isn't that what science is all about?

Submitted only to make our list a more pleasant place,
Sam