[pct-l] Goal Oriented Hiking.

Paul asked:

What are your goals?
What makes you go to the outdoors?

  I love to set goals for myself w/ hiking/backpacking.  I would love the
outdoors no matter what, but the goals add long-terms challenges to my life.
  Someday, I'd like to have completed, besides the PCT (don't laugh)-

  Hundred Peaks list--276 peaks over 5000 ft in Souther Cal(got 207 of
those)
  Desert Peaks list--100+ peaks in Calif, Utah, Nevada, Arizona and Mexican
deserts
  Sierra Peaks list--250+ on that one
  Lower Peaks List--75 or so on that one
  State Highpoints
  CDT, AT, Tahoe Rim Trail, Backbone Trail(Santa Monica Mtns), etc, etc:))

  Of course, I'd be happy to do three or four of these goals, but, I suppose
what's more important to me is where they all take me-the new places I see
and the people I meet along the way.

Michael G.