[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows and Beyond???

--
Hi,  I am curious as to when would be a good to time to go beyond Kennedy
Meadows?  I hear the date of June 15th as being the earliest anyone should go
north of Kennedy Meadows. Is that true?  I am trying to time my departure
from Tehachapi as to hit the Sierras when the trail will be safe and
passable.  Also I was thinking about using Hwy 108 or Hwy 4 as a departure
point.  Which Hwy would be the best to exit and get a ride or Hitch Hike?
Also curious how cold does it get in the Sierras during June?  Do we need
Down Parkas or anything like that?  Also how about Ice Axe or Crampons?
Thanks for the advice  Dave and Nikki  " Ojos and Skittles"  PS  We can't
seem to find pages 178 thru 223 of Our Volume 1.  Could anyone possibly if we
paid you make a copy of those pages and mail them to us?