[pct-l] Re: Comparison Altitude chart

What's in store for altitude gain? It's good to now this as you walk along
and are trying to plan your next campsite. Before each hike, I always put
together an altitude chart using the information from the guidebooks and
whatever else I have. Just for comparison I have put together a chart that
compares the Section A, B, C of the start of the PCT to the PCT in the
Sierras where it is also the JMT or John Muir Trail. Looking at the chart,
it's easy to see why daily mileage is going to drop in the Sierras. I have
walked the Sierras several times, so I look forward to the relatively easy
grades of Campo area this spring. If you want to have a look at this chart,
go to http://home.cogeco.ca/~tomsimon/. Enjoy, I hope this will help, any
questions just e-mail me. tsimon10@cogeco.ca