[pct-l] Fires in the desert.

Hi,
Just remember if you are hiking along and you smell tires burning:

>From my journal:
" I start observing what is going on around me.

First, it is the smell like someone is burning tires or creosote?  I
remember reading that Chaparral bushes smell like creosote when burning. I
look up at the sky and what I thought was a welcome cloud cover is in
actuality smoke. Now this all has my attention...I climb up hurriedly to the
next ridge and have a look.  I can see over two small ridges from me, is a
big fire, though all I can see is the smoke, planes and helicopter dumping
water.

Cheers,

Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge