[pct-l] 30 years

--
While attending the Annual Mtg. Monte who looked really sharp and was anyth=
ing but "Mad" kindly presented me with the 1973 first edition PCT Guide Boo=
k to borrow and later return.

In yesterday's mail I too got my copy of Southern CA new PCT Guide Book.  W=
hat a "trip" to sit with the whole state from 1973 in my left hand and just=
 the bottom half of CA in my right for hand at almost twice the size.  Thin=
gs certainly have changed a lot. The route and the trail itself has changed=
 a lot but only accounts for part of the 30 years difference. I can't help =
but feel the additional public awareness,  the numbers of hikers and b'pack=
ers, the additional press those sports receive, etc., makes up the greater =
part of the huge change from '73 to '03. It comes with mixed blessings and =
yet, I can't help but somehow feel proud to be apart of that very same comm=
unity and the Association that stands for the PCT itself.

JoAnn