From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
wandering_bob@msn.com
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 7:57 PM
To: PCT List Forum
Subject: Fw: [pct-l] New PCT Southern CA Book Has Arrived

--

Now that I've had the chance to read part of mine, I can see the additions
and they are highly significant. Water caches are now located, especially
those in section A. Mention is made of specific trail angels along the way
with addresses and phone numbers, a vastly increased option for previously
unmentioned re-supply points along the way, etc.

If that continues in the Northern CA book, to have made a single volume out
of the two would have made  for a very thick book indeed. I support the
decision to split the book into 2 parts. Realistically, most PCT hikers are
section hikers, not thru-hikers. This way they don't have to pay for
information they will never use. An argument could be made for splitting
Oregon and Washington too, but a lot more trail info would need to be
developed for that.