[pct-l] tarp, tent or something, but not nothing

Three days before Fleishman took those photos, I was on top of Baden Powell
on a hot sunny day.  We had no clue a storm was coming.  The weather is
strange in the mountains, and if you're not prepared, you're asking for
trouble.

In 2001 my friends bounced their rain gear, pack covers, and tarps/tents 400
ahead from Big Bear City to Kennedy Meadows.  They were lucky.  We didn't
have any rain or snow.  It worked out for them, but I still think it was a
stupid thing to do.

yogi

Brett Tucker  Brett Tucker" <blisterfree@earthlink.net wrote:

Yes, here are a couple of my photos taken in late May 2002 that
demonstrate that bad weather *does* occasionally hit Southern California.
(They also happen to be two of my favorite photos.) These are both on
Baden-Powell (San Gabriels).

http://www.wyncote.net/photos/image-view?image_id=153487&album_id=147927&start_with=37&display2=136
http://www.wyncote.net/photos/image-view?image_id=153502&album_id=147927&start_with=37&display2=137

Fleischman