[pct-l] New PCT Southern CA Book Has Arrived

--
All:

The UPS driver just delivered my copy of Shaeffer's new PCT Southern Califo=
rnia (plus a copy of The Data Book). I ordered them both direct from Wilder=
ness Press at 9 am on Monday. Granted I live in Oregon and WP is in Califor=
nia, but that's still FAST service.

This edition covers Campo to Tuolomne Meadows. As expected, it appears to b=
e very similar in style and size to the previous edition (PCT Vol 1: Califo=
rnia), although reportedly up-dated. It's the same height and width as the =
prior edition, but slightly thinner, weighing 21 ounces vs. 24 for the prio=
r edition.  Water access comments are now on a blue background; geographica=
l comments and the like have a gray background; the rest of the pages are w=
hite.

To quote from About This Book:

"By splitting the original book, we were able to redesign it in order to en=
hance readability and make it a bit more portable. We also added some new p=
hotos and improved the quality of the old ones. The maps are as they were o=
riginally, with the changes that have been made to them in prior editions; =
we expect to have them completely digitized within the next five years."

Wandering Bob