[pct-l] New to the PCT

--
Hi, Im new to this list and planning a 2004 thruhike of the PCT.  I thruhik=
ed the AT in 2002 with a pack under 11 lbs, so Im not new to long distance =
backpacking, but I understand there are a few key differences between the t=
rails.  I have just ordered the guide books and wondered if any other book =
might be useful.  I have one restriction in my plan - I must finish by late=
 August since I plan to attend grad school.  I can start anytime (was think=
ing mid to late april).  Is this possible?  I have the Sierras are not pass=
able without crampons etc. until mid June.  Is this true?  I appreciate any=
 advice you have have to offer...and im sure ill have more questions in the=
 future.
Thanks,
Paul