[pct-l] Four New books and Annual Meeting.

--
 Everyone had a great time at the annual meeting!! Fun seeing all the friends
from the trail. Jim Whitaker's slide show was an event of a lifetime! He had
all his 1963 slides plus many inside stories. ( LIke him putting his water
bottles in the outside pockets of his pack  on his summit day bid which had
50 mile an hour winds) Basicly he had no water for his 7 hour climb to
summit. The first time he went for a drink,his water bottles were froze. He
said the dumb thing was that he packed the 2 frozen bottles up to the top
anyway!!
   He also signed my oldest wooden ice axe which is very long and fit him
perfect. ( He seemed quite taken with it!) Also had his books and poster for
sale and signing which I purchased. ( Not often you meet a real hero)
    Books??? I got 4 new books at the Orca Book store today. First is a rare
classic " Pacific Crest Trails" by Joseph T. Hazard copyright 1946. Great
book that talks of Cascade Crest trail of Washington, Skyline of Oregon, The
Sierras and Southern Cal desert!!! ( Eat your hearts out!!) Second is " The
Trinity Alps" by Luther Linkhart Copyright 1991, Third is " Trail of the
Angeles" by John W. Robinson copyright 1976. Contains 100 hikes of the San
Gabriels. ( Cost 3.00) And last " Self-Propelled in the Southern Sierra" by
J.C.Jenkins copyright 1979. He was stuck by a car  on the way to his job as a
Wilderness Ranger in the Golden Trout Wilderness where he had walked
thousands of miles in 7 years gathering info for guidebook. ( Book price was
5.00!)