[pct-l] Good news!

Jeffrey - a great can do post!
 Ever read the story about the guys who went to the North Pole via snowmobile
on a bar bet? They were the first documented people to get there since Perry
was the first, and for a while it looked like they were going to be the first
while Perry's success was debated
 They went from the bar and recruited a doctor, then a good mechanic. The
conversation's went something like: "Hey Jim we're thinking of taking a
snowmobile trip to the North Pole this summer, care to go?" "Sure, Bill,
count me in." They hired a plane to drop them off at some frozen outpost and
away they went! To utter failure! The leader had to be convinced that
magnetic north was not the same as geographic north. Things went downhill
from there.
   But these were no ordinary handsome snowmobilers from Woebegon. Back to
the drawing the drawing board they went, doing whatever it is they did to
make the second attempt a success. Bizarre story that I read in Reader's
Digest left in a motel somewhere. It was Charles Osgood's very first story
for them