[pct-l] Old Guide Book verses New Guide book

My only comment on this subject is that I would definitely go for the newest
versions. I tried not to get a new version in 2000 only to discover that
there had been some major trail changes not covered in the old book. Had to
borrow a book and copy a section.  So, if you don't have a book or if it is
old, the cost of new ones shouldn't stop anyone from going on the trail. In
fact, buy 2 copies: one to tear up and send and one to have when you get
home. I'm told these guides don't make much money, so buying them helps
everyone.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@attbi.com