FW: [pct-l] Bear Canister thoughts

-----Original Message-----
From: Reynolds, WT
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 8:57 AM
To: 'Slyatpct@aol.com'
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Bear Canister thoughts

Sly-

You make my point. I don't believe that bears can distinguish between a food
sack and a stray candy bar in a tent. However, once a bear GETS food from
crashing a tent, it will continue. It, therefore seems obvious that no bear
be allowed to get food that is protected from a sleeping human. The only way
to insure that is to not allow a sleeping human to defend his food with his
body.

Tom