[pct-l] Bear Canister info - Inyo NF

In a message dated 1/23/03 11:27:47 AM, reynolds@ilan.com writes:

<< In my less than humble opinion the attitude of two of the three Inyo
Rangers

that I spoke with were DETERMINED that EVERYBODY carry a canister. They said

that "the regulation exists because we [the Rangers in the field] went to

the administration and demanded that something be done about the bear

problem". IMHO they will hand out a ticket in a heartbeat. Think of a "speed

trap". They will sit at the zone boundary and ticket everyone who enters.

IMHO the way they [the Rangers in the field] will talk to this list is thru

handing out tickets. The list will get the message.>>

 Given the utter chaos regarding bear canisters, I am going to carry a fake
ID next time I go to the Sierras. I'm not about to trust some easy going
ranger only to be confronted by a hard nosed one later on. I offer that
hardnose ranger a challenge: catch me if you can, sucker