[pct-l] Pooh Corner open for July, 2003

--
For the seventh year in 2003, Bill and Molly Person will be providing free =
hospitality for Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers at the Donner Summit (old h=
i-way 40) area just north of Lake Tahoe. We live about four miles from the =
PCT and will pick up and deliver hikers from the trail.  We will be open fr=
om July 1 to July 31.

We met a large part of the class of 2002 last summer.  We look forward to t=
he arrival of the class of 2003 and meeting all of you.
Pooh Corner receives food drops, provides beds, meals, showers, laundry, et=
c.  We also make airport runs for significant others and anything else we c=
an to support thru hikers in their quests. Our cabin faces on Donner Lake a=
nd provides swimming boating, etc. or just plain loafing. There is a climbi=
ng wall in the living room and we have equipment for top-roped climbs on wo=
nderful granite of Donner Summit.

Mail to Truckee is VERY slow!!!  Priority mail usually takes six days or mo=
re to reach us.  Express Mail takes at least two days.  We pick up mail onc=
e a day in the early afternoon.  We mail outgoing mail for hikers departing=
 on Saturday and Sunday only.  Sorry but we do not do other mail forwarding=
.

Bill hiked the AT in 96 (Pooh, SillyOldBear) and welcomes the chance to rep=
ay a little of the hospitality I received.  Here is our contact information=
.

Food Drops & communications (This is the local Mailboxes, Etc. not our home=
 address)

  Bill & Molly Person
  PMB 154
  11448 Deerfield Dr.