[pct-l] Suggestion for Inyo NF website Improvement

(Note: PCT listers - this is a copy of an email sent to the webmaster of the
Inyo NF website.)

M. Loan:

How about placing a link for "Bear-resistant Canister Requirements" - in
bold type, easily found - on the main page?  I'm a member of the Pacific
Crest Trail listserv (PCT-l at
http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l ) and at this time of
year there is considerable discussion about where and when bear canisters
are required.  Some members of the list have suggested that the district
ranger come on-line to explain in detail where canisters are required,
particularly because the regulations appear to change from year to year.

Since it took three links for me to find the trail users' canister
requirements, plus additional inspection of the maps at the Inyo NF website,
it seems to me that a primary link to these pages from the main page would
be a welcome addition.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and positive response -

Christine Kudija

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold