[pct-l] (Guest Post) 2002 Hiker offering advice/help....

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest SimonWillis <simonwillis@backpacker.com>.
* Please use <mailto:simonwillis@backpacker.com> to reply to the sender.

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I live in Scotland and thru-hiked the PCT in 2002. Before=
 and during the hike we received wonderful help from SO many people. If we =
can offer any help or advice based on our experience we'd be delighted to d=
o so.

I wrote my own version of the "Town Guide" (including where we could buy st=
ove alcohol) which I'd be happy to e-mail to anyone who wants it.

E-mail me at simonwillis@backpacker.com W

e hiked ultra-light-ish... alcohol stove, Tarptent, GoLite Gust sacks throu=
ghout. Our pack base weights varied from 12lb to 18lb.

We mailed food/fuel boxes to many locations, but also bought stuff.

Our trip journal is here: http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/journals/2002/simon=
.shtml

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please send replies to the e-mail addre=
ss above.

And a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped us.
simon