[pct-l] why do you like hiking?

I understand why you like thruhiking. You're daft man, bloody daft.

-----Original Message-----
From: yogi hicker [mailto:yogilists@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 9:03 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] why do you like hiking?

Why do you want to thru-hike?
Why do you like backpacking?
Why do you like hiking?

These questions always floor me.  People can't understand WHY we like this
stuff because it's all foreign to them.

I like hiking for the same reasons someone else likes golfing, or playing
softball, or running, sewing, reading, skating, surfing, biking, WHATEVER.
I like hiking because I enjoy it.  It gives me satisfaction.  And I can't
explain it to them any better than they can explain to me why they like to
sew or skate or golf.

I can't fathom why anyone would like golfing.
So why would I expect them to understand why I like thru-hiking?

yogi