From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Ken Powers
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 4:52 PM
To: pct-l; Neil Ball
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Tent poles

We thru-hiked the CDT in 2002 with carbon fiber poles. On section of one
pole developed a small crack early in the hike. We thought about swapping
the carbon fiber pole out for an aluminum pole. Decided to go with the
carbon fiber and never had any problem with it. The crack never got longer
and the pole held up ok.
Ken