[pct-l] PCTA Donations

I received a request from the PCTA for donations right after receiving their
beautiful 2003 calendar.  I didn't see anything that I thought was
inappropriate.  In giving to other non-profits I find them asking for
significantly more than I perhaps are in the position to give, but understand
that they are looking encourage larger donors to consider larger gifts.

I'm not certain, David, why you chose to air your complaint upon this rather
public forum without contacting the PCTA first and giving them a chance first
to explain or rectify.  Instead you chose to criticize them and possibly harm
the attendance at their upcoming annual conference.  Your gift was certainly
intended to help, however, now you have turned around and hurt due to their;
oversight?  USPS screwup? Holiday-end-of-the-year business-staff overload?
Perhaps you not receiving their recognition of your donation was not even
their fault!

I wont make excuses for the PCTA but will repeat my contention that they are
a highly efficient, well intending, awesome accomplishing, narrowly focused
and great bang-for-your-tax-paying-buck organization.  They continue to be
worthy of my meager donations and I hope yours (all of you on the PCTL) too.

Sincerely without malice,

Greg Hummel