  From: Slyatpct@aol.com
  To: randy_forsland@hotmail.com ; Montedodge@aol.com ; pct-l@mailman.backc=
ountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 11:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [pct-l] Food,,, The lowly Tortilla

  In a message dated 1/15/2003 11:47:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, randy_for=
sland@hotmail.com writes:

    Last year, I ran across a Northbound PCT hiker that was carrying an ent=
ire
    loaf of white bread with him...He says it lasts a week or so before
    molding.....It looked to be in great shape...didn't think to ask how he
    packed it...

  One guy I know says he ass packs his white bread.  That is, he stands it =
upright on a hard surface and sits on it.  Compresses down to a few inches.

  will Wonders never cease!

  Sly