[pct-l] on risk

If I were starting a company, I would take prospective single employees out
on a rock climb and simply observe. I would not hire those not willing to try
or those with a can't do attitude. The macho dudes who just tried to solve
the problem with sheer will power and brute force would become my blue collar
workers. Those who reasoned a way up and then did so gracefully and with a
minimum of energy expended would become my engineers.  Those who showed the
best team work or teaching skills (for the dumb macho dudes) would be my
supervisors.
    Prospective married employees with children would be given an entirely
different test because obligations should outweigh risk. They make great
white collar workers of the administrative type addicted to routine. ( in my
opinion, parents who are raising children should not take life threatening
risks)
  From having witnessed hundreds of mountaineering students, I size people up
by the way I think they would -- and should -- react to taking a risk.