[pct-l] How did you get your trail name?

--

Hey Amigo, that is funny you picking up all that trash while I hiked the st=
retch a few hours after you and found a $1 bill just after crossing the fir=

My trail name is Satellite. It was given to my by Wild Child on account of =
my mylar covered umbrella, which I used religiously between Campo and Kenne=
dy Meadows to ward off the sun.

The reflection of light from the golden mylar made me visible for miles awa=
y. The thing did not work very well when it rained because the rain seeped =
between the umbrella material and the mylar adding weight.

I also found that when walking over hot sand the umbrella  bounced  heat ra=
diating from the sand back on to me, which could be stiffling.

After KM I wore one of those French Foreign legeonaire hats that I found ju=
st before reaching Jack Fair's house. This is the type of hat that has a lo=
ose flap to shield the wearer's neck from the sun.

Frank Kroger/Satellite